Canva has taken the world by storm with its user-friendly interface and powerful design features. It has become the go-to platform for millions of users worldwide who want to create stunning graphics, presentations, and social media posts while working from home.
Its popularity can be attributed to its ease of use, extensive library of templates, and the ability to collaborate with others on projects. With the rise of digital content and the need for visually appealing media, Canva has certainly made its mark in the industry.
You may also like: Surefire Tips To Enhance Your Brand Videos
However, as with any product, Canva may not be the perfect fit for everyone. There may be features that some users find lacking, or they may be looking for a tool that specializes in a particular area of design. For this reason, this article will dive into eight top Canva alternatives that are worth trying out, covering their features, pricing, and usability.
Why consider Canva alternatives?
There is no all-in-one solution whether you’re making a design, recording a podcast, or creating a movie. Just as there are the best content marketing tools, some products are somewhat better than Canva in specific aspects. And there are reasons for that.
First, the free version of Canva has some limitations, which can be frustrating for users who require more advanced features.
Additionally, Canva’s pricing for its premium plan may be unreachable for some users, especially those who are just starting out or have a limited budget.
Furthermore, users might find Canva’s interface to be too simple or not suitable for their unique needs. In such cases, finding an alternative with a more specialized focus or a different approach to design could be beneficial.
Lastly, users may simply want to explore other options and see what else is out there, as it’s always a good idea to be aware of the range of tools at your disposal.
Also read: Top Graphic Design Companies in the USA
Top 8 Canva competitors to explore
1. Movavi Video Editor
Best for: quick and creative video editing
Movavi Video Editor is compelling video editing software that offers a wide range of video and audio editing tools. It’s one of the best Canva alternatives to make engaging video content in a few simple steps. With its intuitive interface and drag-and-drop functionality, this video editor is suitable for users of all skill levels.
- Extended selection of video & audio editing features
- Intuitive interface with a drag-and-drop functionality
- A library of intros, backgrounds, music tracks, transitions, filters, and more
- Automatic color correction, video stabilization, motion tracking, and many other advanced features
- AI background removal and noise reduction
- Primarily for video creation, so might not be suitable for users looking for a professional design tool
- Limited template options compared to Canva
Pricing: 7-day free trial, $54.99/year or one-time purchase of $79.99
You may also like to read: Top UI / UX Design Firms to work with
Best for: making brand video content
With Typito, users don’t need to be experienced editors to throw together great content. This web-based video editing tool allows users to create engaging videos by adding text, images, and other graphic elements. Having a variety of templates and a simple interface, Typito is an excellent option for those looking for tools similar to Canva.
- Online platform, no program installation required
- Great collection of templates
- Brand kit
- Unsplash integration
- Limited to video editing, making it less versatile than Canva
Pricing: free, paid plans start at $15/month
Best for: creating visual representations
Venngage is an online infographic maker that helps users create visually appealing infographics, reports, and other data-driven visuals. It’s one of the greatest Canva alternatives for creating stunning visuals without spending hours on design. Additionally, users can collaborate with others and share their projects with the entire team.
- Idea visualization through mind maps, charts, graphs, and more
- Vast selection of customizable templates and design elements
- Automatic formatting for consistent branding
- Real-time collaboration
- No video editing features
- Limited to data visualization
Pricing: free, paid plans start at $19/month/user
Best for: social media design creation
Placeit is another one of the many Canva competitors that specializes in mockups, logos, and templates for various social media platforms. The design platform has the main focus on branding and marketing materials, allowing individuals, entrepreneurs, and startups to quickly build their presence online. Users can choose from a library of templates or design their own visuals.
- Built-in templates for different types of projects
- Easy to learn and use
- Lacks integration options
- Limited customization options and template range compared to Canva
Pricing: free trial, $14.95/mo or $7.47/mo
Best for: creating animated designs
VistaCreate (ex-Crello) is a powerful online design tool that combines editing and animation capabilities with an extensive library of stock photos, illustrations, and templates. It’s the perfect Canva alternative for creating stunning visuals for any platform. From Instagram stories to web banners, VistaCreate has it all.
- Wide selection of templates and design elements
- Advanced design features like layers and multiple artboards
- Animated graphics creation and editing
- No integration with stock libraries
- Not suitable for creating professional-grade designs
- Overwhelming UX on mobile
Pricing: free, paid plans start at $13/month
Best for: quick designing
Whether you’re a photographer, marketer, or a small business owner, PicMonkey empowers you to bring your creative vision to life with ease. It’s a versatile and user-friendly online photo editing tool with a robust suite of features to help users transform their images into stunning visuals. With PicMonkey you can create edit photos, design social media graphics, produce professional marketing materials, and more.
- Pre-made templates
- Retouching tool for smoother images
- Plenty of filters and effects, as well as icons, graphics, and other design elements
- Users can’t work on multiple designs at one time
- No mobile app
Pricing: 7-day free trial, paid plans start at $7.99/month
7. Pixlr X
Best for: seamless photo editing
As one of the websites like Canva, Pixlr X is easy to use and accessible, making it perfect for users who need a quick and straightforward photo editing solution. The tool offers a range of options for editing photos, including cropping and resizing, as well as adding text and filters to images. Additionally, Pixlr X allows you to pick from a selection of templates to quickly create graphics for social media or webpages.
- Advanced photo editing tools and features
- Intuitive interface with drag-and-drop functionality
- Great for users looking for a more powerful photo editor
- Has a mobile app
- Limited design tools and capabilities compared to Canva
Pricing: free, paid plans start at $1.99/month
Best for: creating infographics
Piktochart is a web-based design platform that specializes in creating videos, infographics, presentations, reports, and more. With a wide variety of templates and design elements, Piktochart is an excellent option for users searching for products similar to Canva with a focus on data-driven visuals.
- Intuitive UI
- Ready-to-use templates for infographics and presentations
- Access to a library of stock photos, illustrations, and videos
- Team collaboration
- No mobile app
Pricing: free, $29/month for Pro version
Choose the right Canva alternative for your needs
Looking through alternatives to Canva, it’s essential to consider your specific requirements. Each of the options above has its unique strengths and weaknesses, so you need to weigh the pros and cons and identify the best fit.
Remember that no tool is perfect, and every platform will have its limitations. However, by exploring these Canva competitors and similar products, you can find the right combination of features and pricing to help you create stunning visuals for your personal or professional projects.